Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wheezemd Wheezemd is offline

Default .tmp, FINDER, and Resource.FRK files in Word 07

Since switching to Word 07 from Word 03 my folders with Word documents are
cluttered with .tmp, FINDER, and Resource.FRK files. I can't hide them in the
Folder going to Tools and clicking Hide. I use Windows XP. What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

FINDER and Resource.FRK files indicate Mac origin. You should not be seeing
these in Word's File Open and Save dialogs unless you have All Files
selected, but I don't know of any way around seeing them in Windows
Explorer.

As for the .tmp files, you should not be seeing them after all documents are
closed; any .tmp files remaining when all documents are closed can be
deleted.

"Wheezemd" wrote in message
Since switching to Word 07 from Word 03 my folders with Word documents are
cluttered with .tmp, FINDER, and Resource.FRK files. I can't hide them in

the
Folder going to Tools and clicking Hide. I use Windows XP. What can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Wheezemd" wrote in message
Since switching to Word 07 from Word 03 my folders with Word documents are
cluttered with .tmp, FINDER, and Resource.FRK files. I can't hide them in

the
Folder going to Tools and clicking Hide. I use Windows XP. What can I do?

Thanks. I don't use MAC. I do use EndNote and I wonder if that was the cause. It stated the FINDER file was a .DAT. I have deleted all the tmp, Finder, and Resource.FRK files and see what happens.