Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Default Spelling or Autocorrect Question

Is there a way to have Word (2003) alert me to words that I typed which are
probably errors even though the result is also a correctly spelled word?
For example, I often mess up a little and what I mean to come out as "not"
(as in "is not" or "does not" or "do not" or just plain "not") ends up as
"snot." I might notice the mistake in very careful proof-reading but
probably snot. I have already set up a few AutoCorrect entries for some
obvious typos like "is snot," "i snot" and these seem to work fine. But
sooner or later I end up with "snot" in my document! Can Word alert me to a
few word of this sort that are probably but not necessarily typos, sort of
asking "Yo, dummy, is this really what you want?"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In this specific case, I would set Word to flag "snot" as a misspelled word
(see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/Ex...ordFromDic.htm). This won't
work for words that you might have more occasion to use, but it will be
helpful for this one.