Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Virginia Native Virginia Native is offline

Default I want a form field to figure a date based on the letter date.

I am creating a form letter for work with fields to be tabbed to for specific
dates and amounts. Several of the fields are dates that are 14, 29, and 39
days ahead of the date of the letter. I wants those fields to automatically
show those dates when the letter is opened in Word so that people will not
have to calculate the dates. I have tried creating a formula in the Text Form
Field Options Box, but the formats for the formula calculations do not
include a date format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VmlyZ2luaWEgTmF0aXZl?=,

I am creating a form letter for work with fields to be tabbed to for specific
dates and amounts. Several of the fields are dates that are 14, 29, and 39
days ahead of the date of the letter. I wants those fields to automatically
show those dates when the letter is opened in Word so that people will not
have to calculate the dates. I have tried creating a formula in the Text Form
Field Options Box, but the formats for the formula calculations do not
include a date format.

Word fields don't do a great job with date calculations. I recommend a macro to
fill in all the dates, including the "current" one. If you're creating a
template, then an AutoNew macro would trigger every time a new document is
created from the template. Example:

Sub AutoNew()
Dim doc As Word.Document
Dim Date14 As Date, Date29 as Date