Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rene Rene is offline

Default Print page numbers with 'selection'?

How do I get the page numbers to print in MS Word 2003 when I choose a
selection of consecutive pages to print?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You still can't do it. If you want page number you must print a range of
pages, not a selection.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Rene" wrote in message
How do I get the page numbers to print in MS Word 2003 when I choose a
selection of consecutive pages to print?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rene Rene is offline

We have a large document, 280 pages, and have numbered 40+ different sections
with a unique numbering system (M1-1, M1-40, M2-1, M2-2 etc.) for the first
draft. Therefore, I can't choose a page range because of the numbering
system when I want to print a single section that might be 40 pages. Any
ideas on this?

"Rene" wrote in message
How do I get the page numbers to print in MS Word 2003 when I choose a
selection of consecutive pages to print?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Have you tried printing by section? In the print what type S1 for
Section 1, S2 for Section 2, the page numbers will print accordingly.
You can also choose to print S1-S2 and print both sections 1 and 2 at
the same time.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Rene" wrote in message
:

We have a large document, 280 pages, and have numbered 40+ different sections
with a unique numbering system (M1-1, M1-40, M2-1, M2-2 etc.) for the first
draft. Therefore, I can't choose a page range because of the numbering
system when I want to print a single section that might be 40 pages. Any
ideas on this?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/13/2008 8:23 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Of course you can. You just need to specify the section numbers. See the
"Print specific pages and sections" portion of the "Print a document" Help
topic and/or http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...leSections.htm