Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

Default Track Changes

Can anyone tell me the reason why: I e-mailed a Word file (using Word 2000)
to someone. When they opened it (using Word 2003) it opens with 'track
changes' showing, and the ability to turn it off (Tools/Track Changes) is
grayed out. This file was saved without 'track changes' showing and e-mailed
that way. Why does it convert to 'track changes' showing? Connie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Connie,

It's a safety feature in Word 2003 to keep from sending out personal/business data unknowingly. Word 2003 will also flag you if you
are saving a document that has unincorporated changes still in the document to ask if you really want to do leave them in. If you
have not accepted the changes in a document where tracking was on then the 'view' setting for the changes applies only on your PC,
not to the person receiving the document.

===========
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Connie Martin Connie Martin is offline

This document was prepared and sent out from Word 2000. Also, the ability to
accept changes is grayed out. Can't do it. Does this document have to be
recreated fresh to get rid of this nuisance? Connie

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

? I've been using Track Changes for years and never had that kind of
behavior. Maybe it's when there's more than one user with passwords
for accessing files, or something?

On Jan 15, 10:01*am, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful
Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:
[...]

* *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Hi Connie -

If the document has protection for Tracked Changes turned on, then the
ability to turn off the Tracked Changes is not available through the
Reviewing Toolbar. Instead select Unprotect from the Tools menu.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Connie Martin" wrote in
message :

This document was prepared and sent out from Word 2000. Also, the ability to
accept changes is grayed out. Can't do it. Does this document have to be
recreated fresh to get rid of this nuisance? Connie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
1/14/2008 5:39 PM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi grammatim,

In Word 2003 there are two 'privacy' choices in
Tools=Options=Security
that can help 'clean' the document (or at least let you know it might need cleaning) g when saving, and one that will turn on the
Markup for viewing when you open a document that contains it.