Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
north star north star is offline

Default General Business Card Template - Change Line Color

I'd like to use the General Business card format available online. I've
updated with my information except the line going down the side isn't
allowing me to edit it. I'd like to keep it, but need it to be blue. Does
anyone know how I can change this?
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

It's an Autoshape - and a tough one to grab hold of! I was able to grab it
after I deleted the table but that defeats the point of that template. I'd
be tempted to copy then delete the table, change the color of the shapes,
then paste the table back but I'm sure one of the others has a much easier
way to do this.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"North Star" North wrote in message
I'd like to use the General Business card format available online. I've
updated with my information except the line going down the side isn't
allowing me to edit it. I'd like to keep it, but need it to be blue. Does
anyone know how I can change this?
Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

How about selecting All, applying the new color, and then changing the
color of everything else back to what it's supposed to be?

On Feb 12, 5:42*pm, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:
It's an Autoshape - and a tough one to grab hold of! I was able to grab it
after I deleted the table but that defeats the point of that template. I'd
be tempted to copy then delete the table, change the color of the shapes,
then paste the table back but I'm sure one of the others has a much easier
way to do this.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"North Star" North wrote in ...

I'd like to use the General Business card format available online. I've
updated with my information except the line going down the side isn't
allowing me to edit it. I'd like to keep it, but need it to be blue. Does
anyone know how I can change this?
Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

If you change your mouse pointer to the Select Pointer, then the object
is pretty easy to grab.

In Word 2007 - on the Home Tab, in the Editing Group, click the Select
Command and choose Select Objects.

In Word 2003 - on the Drawing toolbar, select the Select Command.

Now you should be able to select objects even when they are set to
behind text, unless they are in the header or footer area, in which
case, you will need to switch to that layer first.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"North Star" North wrote in message
:

I'd like to use the General Business card format available online. I've
updated with my information except the line going down the side isn't
allowing me to edit it. I'd like to keep it, but need it to be blue. Does
anyone know how I can change this?
Thank you.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2/12/2008 9:31 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

I knew there had to be an easier way. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote in message
[...]

9:31 AM