Mindbender

Default How do I display the full path to a open file?

I am having trouble locating some files when they are open because the path
or address of the file is only partially displayed in mast. How do I get
Office to display the full path for a file?
Jay Freedman

Mindbender wrote:
I am having trouble locating some files when they are open because
the path or address of the file is only partially displayed in mast.
How do I get Office to display the full path for a file?

Here's the method I prefer:

Open the Tools Customize dialog. On the Toolbars tab, check the Web entry;
the Web toolbar should appear near the top of the window. Hold down the Ctrl
key while you drag the Address box (the long dropdown object at the right
end of the toolbar) and drop it on the menu bar to the right of the Help
menu.

Close the dialog and, when you close Word, allow it to save changes to
Normal.dot.

The Address box shows the full path to the current document just like the
Address box in Internet Explorer. If the path exceeds the length of the box,
you can click in it and then arrow to the right to scroll the rest into
view.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman