Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lindsay Graham Lindsay Graham is offline

Default Track changes -- accept/reject changes

I'm using Word 2003. In earlier versions, it was possible to accept or
reject an individual change and the focus would automatically move to
the next change ready for its acceptance or rejection. Word 2003 does
not seem to do this -- after accepting/rejecting one change, I have to
click on Next again to get to the next tracked change. How can this be
avoided?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Lindsay Graham wrote:
I'm using Word 2003. In earlier versions, it was possible to accept or
reject an individual change and the focus would automatically move to
the next change ready for its acceptance or rejection. Word 2003 does
not seem to do this -- after accepting/rejecting one change, I have to
click on Next again to get to the next tracked change. How can this be
avoided?

I just found the answer in a post by Jay Freedman back in Jul 2006:

"You can review each change individually and decide whether to accept,
reject, or skip it. To make this easier, you can restore the Reviewing
toolbar from previous editions, which has the advantage that it
automatically jumps to the next revision each time you click Accept or
Reject (I hope they demoted the wizard who thought that wasn't
useful). To do that, open the Tools Customize dialog, select All
Commands on the left, grab ToolsReviewRevisions on the right, and drag
it to a toolbar or menu. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm
for full instructions."

Thanks, Jay -- I too hope they demoted the wizard (ie, the fool) who did
not include that very useful option in Word 2003.

Lindsay Graham
Canberra, Australia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's funny -- Word2003 was my first PC version, and I found it very
annoying that Accept Change in 2007 wouldn't let me view the result of
the accept/reject. Happily, there's a button for Accept-and-stay-where-
you-are that I was able to put on the QAT and assign a keyboard
shortcut to.

Which suggests that in Word2003 the ability to Accept and Move to Next
_does_ exist within the Customize options for adding commands to
toolbars -- and IIRC the name was even fairly easy to recognize (it's
near the top of All Commands, among the several Accepts; presumably if
you look at the Reviewing Toolbar group, it's easier to find).

it to a toolbar or menu. Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToToolbar.htm