Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Rudster The Rudster is offline

Default When first using find, it goes to taskbar, not document

After I open a Word document then try to use find, the find box does not show
up on top of the document; instead, the Word Document task in the tasbar
blinks, and I must double-click the task to bring up the find and document
together. If I single-click the task, the find box shows up, but the document
is minimized; I must then single-click again so the document shows up behind
the find box. If I close the find box after this intial use, then bring it up
again in the same document, it comes up correctly. Is this normal or is there
a fix for this bug? I am using Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I do not
have any problem with the find for Excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is probably caused by the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus. See €śThe
Word title bar flashes or the Word program becomes unresponsive when Word is
running€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812075