Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Serena Serena is offline

Default Formatting embedded Visio object

I have a Visio Professional 2002 diagram that I am inserting as a linked
object into a Word 2002 SP3 document. For some reason the background shows
as gray in Word although it prints out clear. (Format Object shows Fill as
None).

Is there some setting in either Visio or Word that I can change to make it
display in Word with either a transparent or white background ?

My interim solution is to put a white rectangle behind the diagram in Visio
but this then obscures the guidelines when I'm editing the document and seems
a rather clunky solution.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Serena

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Serena Serena is offline

Thanks for that Graham. Unfortunately it means it affects all my docs and I
need to see the fields in others so guess I'll just have to live with the
gray !