Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
raptyrred

Default unwanted gray lines

We have Word 2003 running on Windows XP where I volunteer. Each time you use
Word, gray lines about 1/4 of an inch wide will appear on the screen. They
are faint, but annoying. I thought it was the computer monitor, that
something had been 'burned' onto the screen, but it only shows up when Word
is in use. Even after closing Word, the faint gray lines remain. but they
will only show up when or after Word has been opened.
I thought maybe it was some sort of watermark, but it is not. Thought I
could remove it be going through the options menu, but no luck. Thought maybe
the customize menu, but still no luck. Just what the heck are these gray
lines and how do I get rid of them.
I am not the only person wondering about this, the Administrative Assistant
is also stumped.