Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chuck in Atlanta Chuck in Atlanta is offline

Default How do I fill-in a blank line in an existing word document?

I am completing a form which was prepared in word by someone else. How do I
type the answers while not moving the line? In essences, typing over the
line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't, basically. If the form designer had intended you to fill out the
form online (and had known what he or she was doing, he/she would have used
form fields or created typable lines. This form is clearly intended to be
printed out and filled in by hand or with a typewriter.

"Chuck in Atlanta" Chuck in wrote in
message ...
I am completing a form which was prepared in word by someone else. How do
type the answers while not moving the line? In essences, typing over the
line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Obviously the person who created that form, didn't create a "form". They
created a Word document with underlines.

If this is a one-time deal, don't bother. It's not worth the extra work.
Besides, it's that person's form - let them learn how to make a proper form.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]