trisham

Default How can I restore a deleted document from Word 2002?

I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002. Can I
restore it?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Probably not, unless you had backups turned on. Look in the folder where the
document was stored... look for documents named "Backup of {deleted
filename].DOC".

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002. Can
restore it?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Is it in your Recycle Bin?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002. Can
restore it?

trisham

No, it isn't.

Trisha

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Is it in your Recycle Bin?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002. Can
restore it?

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Ooops. I'll be you've got it on now!

On occasion, it's possible to recover parts of documents from leftover
temporary files. Some utilities can also recover deleted files. In my
experience, I've found neither approach fully or predictably reliable, and
only worth pursuing if the lost information is irreplaceable.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com

"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002.
Can
restore it?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

If you didn't have backups turned on and it's not in your recycle bin then
I'm sorry to tell you that it's gone.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
No, it isn't.

Trisha

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Is it in your Recycle Bin?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002.
Can
restore it?

trisham

How do I turn on backups?

Trisha

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

If you didn't have backups turned on and it's not in your recycle bin then
I'm sorry to tell you that it's gone.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
No, it isn't.

Trisha

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Is it in your Recycle Bin?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002.
Can
restore it?

"Automatically create backup copy" on the Save tab of Tools | Options. But
read http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/AutomaticSave.htm first so that your
expectations are not unreasonable.

"trisham" wrote in message
How do I turn on backups?

Trisha

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

If you didn't have backups turned on and it's not in your recycle bin

then
I'm sorry to tell you that it's gone.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
No, it isn't.

Trisha

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Is it in your Recycle Bin?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"trisham" wrote in message
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word

2002.
Can
restore it?

Graham Mayor

If the document had been saved, you can probably recover all (or some) of it
using a file undelete utility of which there are many to be found for
download - some free some not. Try Google.

trisham wrote:
I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002.
Can I restore it?

Here's a roundup of some freeware undelete tools which can be used to
recovery delete files:

http://free-backup.info/data-recovery-software.htm

Hope this helps,
Chad

DJK

Documents don't actually Delete like we think A ? mark replaces the first
letter in the filename and Windows won't recognize it as a name. So the
MyFile.doc is renamed ?yFile.doc. Find that and you'll find your file. Then
change the first letter back to what it really was. Hopefully you haven't
ran defrag since that will wipe those files out because Defrag won't see
them.

"trisham" wrote:

I have mistakenly deleted a document I need from Microsoft Word 2002. Can I
restore it?

Hi,

Actually Active@ Undelete can do the trick. It has great recover
methods, so it is imho your best chance to restored erased data.
http://www.active-undelete.com

lukeles

I recommend that you use DataRecoveryWizard to recover your data.
The software provides very useful functions for data recovery:
DeleteRecovery, FormatRecovery, AdvancedRecovery, RawRecovery.

This program is an efficient disk recovery software providing
you a complete answer to data loss.

First thing I recommend you download the demo version of
DataRecoveryWizard. (http://www.easeus.com/download.htm)

Run the program and select the recovery mode "DeletedRecovery",
or "FormatRecovery", or "AdvancedRecovery".

See mo
http://www.easeus.com
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywi...eted-files.htm
http://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywi...-partition.htm