Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Default Using comments in a table inserted in word

I'm trying to use comments to refer to text that is contained within tables
on a word (2003) page. The comments are there, but the attaching lines ignore
the insert point and always go to the worng place.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?TGVzbGll?=,

I'm trying to use comments to refer to text that is contained within tables
on a word (2003) page. The comments are there, but the attaching lines ignore
the insert point and always go to the worng place.

Can you be more specific, or give us an example? I just inserted a table, typed
in some text, then inserted a comment. It highlights the entire word that was
next to the cursor, and the line from the balloon points to this highlight.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Leslie is offline

Hi Cindy,
To keep data in an orderly way I've inserted small tables into the page
(it's actually a course schedule for my university students) Now I'm making
changes and want to explain what I've done to a co-teacher on my module,
hence the reason for the comments. I place the cursor at the end of the text
I'm commenting on, and insert a comment. At this point the dotted line
usually goes up two or three lines and attaches itself not to text but to a
line on the grid (which is usually set not to be visible in the final
version. Subsequent comments also go to the wrong line and this is where
problems arise as it's no longer possible to see what each comment refers to.
I suppose it's not hugely important in the scheme of things - but it does bug
me!
Leslie

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TGVzbGll?=,

I'm trying to use comments to refer to text that is contained within tables
on a word (2003) page. The comments are there, but the attaching lines ignore
the insert point and always go to the worng place.

Can you be more specific, or give us an example? I just inserted a table, typed
in some text, then inserted a comment. It highlights the entire word that was
next to the cursor, and the line from the balloon points to this highlight.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?TGVzbGll?=,

To keep data in an orderly way I've inserted small tables into the page
(it's actually a course schedule for my university students) Now I'm making
changes and want to explain what I've done to a co-teacher on my module,
hence the reason for the comments. I place the cursor at the end of the text
I'm commenting on, and insert a comment. At this point the dotted line
usually goes up two or three lines and attaches itself not to text but to a
line on the grid (which is usually set not to be visible in the final
version. Subsequent comments also go to the wrong line and this is where
problems arise as it's no longer possible to see what each comment refers to.
I suppose it's not hugely important in the scheme of things - but it does bug
me!

As well it should... Hmmm. From the sound of it, I wonder...

Are you moving the tables around on the page?

How about if you start a new document, insert a table, type in some text and add
a comment? Do you still see the problem, or does this test behave as you'd
expect comments ought?