Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Microsoft-Steve-Customer Microsoft-Steve-Customer is offline

Default how do I create a lined page with no text

I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no test. What
is the procedure.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett Tom Willett is offline

Type:

____________________________
____________________________

etc.?

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer"
wrote in message
|I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no test. What
| is the procedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the View menu, click Header and Footer. With the insertion point in
the header, insert a text box, drag it to fit the page. Remove the
border (via Format | Borders and Shading). Insert a one-column table.
Clear the cell margins. Specify the desired row height and then add as
many rows as needed to fill the page. Add top and bottom borders, but
no vertical ones. Close the header/footer area.

Since the table is inside the header, it will be visible on each page
added automatically by Word.

To type on the lines, specify a fixed value of line spacing for your
text.

Note: With the most recent version(s) of Word, you may be able to
insert a table directly into the header (without putting it in a text
box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer" wrote in message
I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no
test. What is the procedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Microsoft-Steve-Customer Microsoft-Steve-Customer is offline

I can insert a one column table. I get a box that asks me for the number of
columns and number of row. I made it 1 column and 50 rows. There is nothing
about row height. I made the fixed column with "Auto". The other options
were "Autofit to Contents" and "Autofit to Window". I do not know how to
clear the cell margins or remove the Border via format.

By playing around I was able to get something. But I would like to
havefollowed your instructions to have more control.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard in AZ Richard in AZ is offline

You could type the "underline" character (just hold that key down until you get tired.
or.
You could type the underline key 3 times and then press enter and you will get a line from margin to
margin.
repeat as often as you want.
or
You could buy some ruled paper!

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer" wrote in message
I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no test. What
is the procedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Microsoft-Steve-Customer Microsoft-Steve-Customer is offline

I typed the underline key 3 times and then pressed enter. I then copied this
again and again to make the document as long as I wanted. I then added
numbers by going to "File--Page Set Up --Lay Out" I then clicked on the line
numbers box--followed by clicking on the "add line numbering box." I then
saved it as a template. Richard--thank you very much. Your solution hit the
nail on the head and now I have a useful template.

"Richard in AZ" wrote:

You could type the "underline" character (just hold that key down until you get tired.
or.
You could type the underline key 3 times and then press enter and you will get a line from margin to
margin.
repeat as often as you want.
or
You could buy some ruled paper!

"Microsoft-Steve-Customer" wrote in message
I am trying to make simple stationery--just lined paper with no test. What
is the procedure.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Good point.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
In addition to Top and Bottom Borders, you'll need to add Horizontal

Inside
Borders.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Table menu, click Table Properties. Click the Row tab. Click
the "Specify height" box, type the desired amount (some trial and
error might be needed to get it right). For "Row height is," choose
"Exactly" and then click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Indeed, this solution will work perfectly to create stationery for
hand-written letters. But note that you cannot use Word to type on top
of the lines inserted with the underline key.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP