Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rachael

Default Using background in mailmerge?

I want to create a simple mailmerge for our company. We use timesheets to
record time spent on files, one per week.

At the beginning of each 2 week pay perior our receptionist has to MANUALLY
write everone's name on their own sheet, as well as the dates of the week,
and other simple data.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the scanned document (which I
already scanned) and use it as a background, and create mailmerge fields
where I could create a database of all the employees, so that each one
doesn't need to be written by hand (about 50 + per week).

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Mailmerge can certainly be used to populate the time cards. Using the
scanned document as background can be done, but it may be better to
reconstruct the form as a Word document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Rachael" wrote in message
I want to create a simple mailmerge for our company. We use timesheets to
record time spent on files, one per week.

At the beginning of each 2 week pay perior our receptionist has to
MANUALLY
write everone's name on their own sheet, as well as the dates of the week,
and other simple data.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the scanned document (which I
already scanned) and use it as a background, and create mailmerge fields
where I could create a database of all the employees, so that each one
doesn't need to be written by hand (about 50 + per week).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rachael

That's what I was thinking, but management has specifically asked that NO
changes be made and I MUST use a scanned copy of the form if I am going to do
this.

I am using Office 97, if that helps.

My problem is that when I insert the scanned copy as a background, it is
portrait, but I need it landscape. Because it is a background, for some
reason, the view defaults to "online view" and I can't get it to view
landscape. Therefore, I can't enter in fields or data.

Any ideas?

"Rachael" wrote in message
I want to create a simple mailmerge for our company. We use timesheets to
record time spent on files, one per week.

At the beginning of each 2 week pay perior our receptionist has to
MANUALLY
write everone's name on their own sheet, as well as the dates of the week,
and other simple data.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the scanned document (which I
already scanned) and use it as a background, and create mailmerge fields
where I could create a database of all the employees, so that each one
doesn't need to be written by hand (about 50 + per week).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rachael

Wait. never mind. I figured it out. I used Insert Picture and did it that
way, instead of a background and it worked.

"Rachael" wrote in message
I want to create a simple mailmerge for our company. We use timesheets to
record time spent on files, one per week.

At the beginning of each 2 week pay perior our receptionist has to
MANUALLY
write everone's name on their own sheet, as well as the dates of the week,
and other simple data.

I was wondering if there is a way to use the scanned document (which I
already scanned) and use it as a background, and create mailmerge fields
where I could create a database of all the employees, so that each one
doesn't need to be written by hand (about 50 + per week).

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

You will probably need to rotate the image in some graphics software and
then insert it into a Word document and format it so that it si behind the
text. You would then position the text that you want to insert in the
appropriate places, probably using a table with fixed cell dimensions so
that things to not move around.

Background watermark AG Page Layout 1 May 5th 06 04:51 AM
Form Field Background Jet Microsoft Word Help 2 January 19th 06 04:36 PM
cell's background color not printed correctly [email protected] Tables 2 December 19th 05 01:44 PM
Trying to suppress Select Table box in Excel-Word mailmerge Denise Mailmerge 4 June 21st 05 01:08 PM
Picture as Cell Background (or label background)? Mr B Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 07:33 PM