Sally D.

Default How do I get Word 2003 to print an envelope; it prints offline.

When I go to print an envelope (any size) using Word 2003, it prints offline.
That is, it is printing the address on the upper edge of the envelope and the
return address is printing off the page. I have updated my printer driver.
The envelope is the only thing I am unable to print. Every other program
prints the pages on the paper and in line.
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Sally

Be sure that you have selected the correct size of envelope from the choices
that Word offers..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Sally D." Sally wrote in message
When I go to print an envelope (any size) using Word 2003, it prints
offline.
That is, it is printing the address on the upper edge of the envelope and
the
return address is printing off the page. I have updated my printer driver.
The envelope is the only thing I am unable to print. Every other program
prints the pages on the paper and in line.

Graham Mayor

If it prints the same thing OK on paper, it would be an envelope feed
problem with your printer, otherwise see
http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm

Sally D. wrote:
When I go to print an envelope (any size) using Word 2003, it prints
offline. That is, it is printing the address on the upper edge of the
envelope and the return address is printing off the page. I have
updated my printer driver. The envelope is the only thing I am unable
to print. Every other program prints the pages on the paper and in
line.

Sally D.

Hello!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! God Bless you! After calling the printer
manufacturer and MS Office support, finally, someone with an answer. You're a
genius!

Sally

Sally D. wrote:
When I go to print an envelope (any size) using Word 2003, it prints
offline. That is, it is printing the address on the upper edge of the
envelope and the return address is printing off the page. I have
updated my printer driver. The envelope is the only thing I am unable
to print. Every other program prints the pages on the paper and in
line.

Sally D.

I actually have checked and re-re-checked (not a word but I have exacerbated
these options), but I had the same outcome. It turns out it had to do with an
envelope feed that another MS user helped me out with, but thank you for the
suggestion anyway.

Sally

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Sally

Be sure that you have selected the correct size of envelope from the choices
that Word offers..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Sally D." Sally wrote in message
When I go to print an envelope (any size) using Word 2003, it prints
offline.
That is, it is printing the address on the upper edge of the envelope and
the
return address is printing off the page. I have updated my printer driver.
The envelope is the only thing I am unable to print. Every other program
prints the pages on the paper and in line.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
VB

I am facing the same problem. Unable to print on the envelope whereas labels
and paper printing is fine. How can this be set right?