Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] firstcasualty@googlemail.com is offline

Default Using Mail Merge to import Excel data to Word for printing checks

I want to print checks from Word but all the check data I need
is in an Excel spreadsheet.

Two main stumbling blocks - how do I transfer this Excel data into
matching fields in a Word document (three checks a page), like a mail
merge only with a check template?

And, less importantly, as only the check amount numeric features in the

Excel spreadsheet, is there any way to convert the numeric to the
number in words (with the obligatory "+ (cents)/100) at the end),
either before or after merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

You can use mail merge with your check template. Just insert a Next
Record field before the first mergefield in the second and third checks on
the page.

Adding a \* DollarText switch to a numeric mergefield will give you the
dollar amount in words + (cents)/100

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to print checks from Word but all the check data I need
is in an Excel spreadsheet.

Two main stumbling blocks - how do I transfer this Excel data into
matching fields in a Word document (three checks a page), like a mail
merge only with a check template?

And, less importantly, as only the check amount numeric features in the

Excel spreadsheet, is there any way to convert the numeric to the
number in words (with the obligatory "+ (cents)/100) at the end),
either before or after merging?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm shows a method of getting
even tighter control over the reproduction of cash amounts as text.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
You can use mail merge with your check template. Just insert a Next
Record field before the first mergefield in the second and third
checks on the page.

Adding a \* DollarText switch to a numeric mergefield will give you
the dollar amount in words + (cents)/100

oups.com...