Larry

Default Outlook Express-No Spell check

I have XP Home and use Outlook Express for my email. the
ABC Spell feature has never worked since I got this
machine 2 years ago from a local comapany no longer
around. I know I should have addressed immediately but
didn't
I rec the following error message
"An erroe has occured while spelling was being checked."
Any suggestions or fixes for this problem?
Thanks, Larry
Greg

Larry,

This is a Microsoft Word New User Group. Other than the fact that your
post consists of a logical sequence of words that express your
question, what does it have to do with Microsoft Word?

I suggest that you post in an an Outlook OE group.

Chuck

If you have WORD it will work as a spell checker for OE. If you don't,
google free spellchecker for OE.

Good luck

"Greg" wrote in message
oups.com...
Larry,

This is a Microsoft Word New User Group. Other than the fact that your
post consists of a logical sequence of words that express your
question, what does it have to do with Microsoft Word?

I suggest that you post in an an Outlook OE group.

It sounds as if you don't have Word or Office installed. According to OE's
Help: "Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
command is not available."