Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kathy Kathy is offline

Default How do I set up an automatic double spacing after a period?

I want to set my word program to automatically insert 2 spaces after a
period, is that possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It's possible, but I'd suggest that you *not* - that technique is a
throwback to the manual typewriter & is not at all necessary or appropriate.
Modern word processing ain't your Granny's Underwood/Royal/Smith-Corona :-)
Proportional Spacing adjusts everything for you based on typesetting
standards & throwing in the extra spaces can cause formatting, editing, text
flow & appearance problems.

One of the few exceptions is if you *have* to use some sort of monospaced
font for some reason, in which case I find it both faster & easier to just
type the doc then do a Find for . , Replace with . - that's period
space & period space space without the angles.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones