rmccafferty

Default repeat information in first cell of each page

We use tables to generate detailed agendas for lengthy meetings. The first
two columns on the left are used for start and end time of the day. The
third column has a long list of items to be covered. In some cases, the
listing in column three for a time slot may go on for 3 or 4 pages. At other
times, there may be several time slots on one page.

When a time slot goes on for a number of pages, users get confused about
which time slot the entries refer to. At the top of each page I would like
the cells of the first two columns to show the time slot involved.

I could, of course, do this manually. But there are always last minute
changes made that would throw off the pagination, moving the time entries to
weird and confusing places on the pages. Using headers for the task seems to
be a dead end for one or more of the reasons above (last minute changes, more
than one time entry per page at times).

If I were in excel, I would have a macro that did the following (in
pseudo-code)
Go to next page
If current cell is null
End-UpArrow (to find last entry)
Copy current cell
go to whatever page number I just left
Paste entry
EndIf
Go to next page
Loop and repeat above until end of document

If they did this at the last minute, and did it in a new document (keeping
their otherwise completed document for an even later last minute change), I
believe this would work.

I am not suggesting that this is the best way to accomplish my task in Word,
only trying to explain what I am seeking as an end result.

Can anyone help with this?
Doug Robbins

Check out the STYLEREF field

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"rmccafferty" wrote in message
[...]

rmccafferty

I asked this question on a lot of help sites. No one had a clue until you
came along. Your suggestion is perfect. I just looked it up in the Help
menu and it will do exactly what I want. Thank you, thank you, thank you.