Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Default Watermark prints very dark

I have a watermark inserted using the Format -- Background -- Printed
Watermark function. On the screen it looks great. But when I print, the
watermark isn't semitransparent (as I have set) - it is black and it obscures
the text.

Anyone experienced this before or know how to fix it?

TIA,
Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Could be a variation of the issue described at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827302 "TIFF image appears
dark when you insert it into PowerPoint 2003".

Jen wrote:

I have a watermark inserted using the Format -- Background -- Printed
Watermark function. On the screen it looks great. But when I print, the
watermark isn't semitransparent (as I have set) - it is black and it obscures
the text.

Anyone experienced this before or know how to fix it?

TIA,
Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Thanks. I checked out the link, but if that's the problem, I have no idea how
to fix it. I'm not inserting a picture...I'm just using Word's own Watermark
command.

Any other suggestions out there?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If it's a graphic watermark, then the cited KB article tells you
how to fix it. If it's a text watermark, then try changing the
font color to yellow or green or a light shade of gray, instead
of semitransparent black.