Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff

Default Deleting a Document in Word

Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right hand
corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open file;near the
bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete it as I no loger need
it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Choose File - Open and locate the file (but don't open it). Right-click on
it and choose Delete.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right
hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open
file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete it as
I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff

Herb,
I guess I deleted it because I can't find it. do saved word docs go
to a specific location or did i have to pick one? When I open word it shows
the doc-but when I click on it it says file is missing. How do
i repair or clear this up?
Jeff

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right
hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open
file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete it
as I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff

Great,
That worked for the mru's,but how do I get the bottom right corner
where it says open and underneath it still show's the deleted file?
Jeff
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Press Ctrl+Alt+Hyphen and click on the filename in the MRU list at the
bottom of the File menu.

so
all may benefit.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right
hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open
file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete
it
as I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Where is it showing up? In your recently opened list or elsewhere?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right
hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open
file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete it
as I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff

Hi,
In the actual UI bottom right side; it says Open in the Getting
Started panel; under office online,theres a module that the header says
Open;and below it;it lists the file that I already deleted.
Jeff
.. .

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right
hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open
file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete it
as I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Since you've deleted the file, couldn't you just ignore it?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that I
printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom right
hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I open
file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to delete
it as I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff

JoAnn,
I guess; just thought there was a way to clear that from the module.
It's ok if I can't. Thanks for the help.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Hi,
Brand new to Word 2003. my question is this: I created a doc that
I printed;and no longer want it. When I open Word up;in the bottom
right hand corner it shows Open-and below that my document. When I
open file;near the bottom it lists the doc;can't figure out how to
delete it as I no loger need it. any help?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor

If you have deleted the filename from the MRU as suggested by Suzanne, then
close the task pane and re-open it, to update it to reflect the change.