Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margy Margy is offline

Default Word: Change Default Font, Paragraph & Line Spacing

Running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2007 Enterprise. I need to change the
default font to Tahoma; line spacing to single; with no paragraph space on
normal style paragrah for new all documents.

I have been doing this for years. Open Font Dialogue Box - set font size etc
and clicked the dault button and OK. Easy as falling off a log. The same with
line space and paragraph spacing setting - Open Paragraph Dialogue box -
change settings and click default. This is not working on my Windows 7 HP
Notebook.

I then thought I would change the Normal Style and set it "For all document
based on this template." Will not work. When I open Word again, everything is
back to Calibri 11pt, 1.15 line spacing and 10pt spacing after each
paragraph.

Would be most grateful of any advice to change these defaults.
--
Margy
Pinetown, South Africa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Change Default Font, Paragraph & Line Spacing

Make your changes then save as a personal style set. Make your style set the
default.
OR
Open normal.dotm in Word and make your changes directly.

"Margy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Margy Margy is offline

I have following this advice and made my own personal style set. I have not
save as default. I have used Change Styles button on Home Ribbon (2007 &
2010) and click on "Set as Default..." Is there a better option please? I
have set defaults for years in many versions and never had an issue, but am
having this problem since using Office 2007 and 2010 on a Window 7 notebook.
--
With appreciation
Margy

.