sweeneysmsm

Default How to Install Microsoft Mail Local Fax

I have Office 97 Professional installed on an e-machine. When I go to Word
and choose File/Send to/Fax Recipient to fax a cover sheet with a note on it,
the Fax Wizard comes up. I choose my recipient from the Outlook contacts and
complete the cover sheet document. When I click on Send fax it says it can't
fax it because Microsoft Mail Local Fax is not installed and that when I
click on OK a window will come up and tell me how to install it. But, when I
click on OK I get an error message saying that the topic does not exist and
that I should contact my application vendor for an updated help file (129).

The e-machine is not mine. Someone has loaned me a disk for Office 97 Small
Business Edition, but the program is Professional edition. It also would ask
me for the Product ID. I imagine I could use the ID number that appears on
About Word from the Professional Edition.

I just want to know what I need to do to make the fax program work.

Thank you for whatever assistance you can give me.

Akkerman Akkerman is offline
Junior Member

To be honest, I have a little doubt about how safe it is to use email to share documents. I advise you to check other options here https://www.securedocsharing.com/blo...o-choose-from/ . It seems to me that there are safer options for sharing important documents with colleagues.