Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mus

Default paragraph marks

please would you tell me how to change the paragarph marks on the MS
office2003.

why is that on my MS word paragargh marks show as "right-angle arrow" not as
¶ ? how can i set or change the marks??

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Right-angle arrow is a line-break, not a paragraph mark. Entered in Word
with Shift-Enter instead of Enter alone; more commonly found if the text is
inherited or imported from the web. You can use Find and Replace to them to
paragraph marks.

"mus" wrote in message
please would you tell me how to change the paragarph marks on the MS
office2003.

why is that on my MS word paragargh marks show as "right-angle arrow" not
as
¶ ? how can i set or change the marks??

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard

G'Day Mus,

What you are describing sounds like a Line Break (SHIFT+Enter).

Use:
Enter for a New Paragraph,
SHIFT+Enter for a line break (Starts a New line within a single
paragraph e.g. within a bullet
point),
CTRL+Enter for a Page break.

See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"mus" wrote in message
please would you tell me how to change the paragarph marks on the MS
office2003.

why is that on my MS word paragargh marks show as "right-angle arrow" not as
¶ ? how can i set or change the marks??

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

The right-angle arrow is a line break, not a paragraph mark. You can
insert one by pressing Shift+Enter, but they most often appear when
you paste in text from a web page or other non-Word source.

You can replace line breaks with paragraph marks by opening the
Replace dialog, entering the code ^l in the Find box (that's a lower
case L) and the code ^p in the Replace With box, and clicking the
Replace All button.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:35:01 -0700, mus
wrote:

please would you tell me how to change the paragarph marks on the MS
office2003.

why is that on my MS word paragargh marks show as "right-angle arrow" not as
¶ ? how can i set or change the marks??

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As others have said, these are line breaks. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Clean_Up_Text.htm

"mus" wrote in message
please would you tell me how to change the paragarph marks on the MS
office2003.

why is that on my MS word paragargh marks show as "right-angle arrow" not

as
¶ ? how can i set or change the marks??

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mus

no no no, i do understand what you mean that "right-angle arrow" suppose to
be as line-break, but what it appreas for the paragraph marks is "right-angle
arrow" when i press enter. and when i press Shift+enter the line-break is
appear as "down arrow". what i mean is not the same as normally showed.
that's why i ask is there any other way i can change the symbol or not? and
why on my MS word 2003 prargragh marks showed differently?

thanks