Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason

Default How is it possible to copy over an entire formatted document?

I am trying to copy a formatted document at the end of an existing formatted
document with different formatting, but the document I copy over just wants
to convert over to the new document's formatting, so I end up having to use
format painter for each and every little area that I want formatted, so is
there a way to just carry over and keep the formatting from the copied
document??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Jason,

When both documents are using the same stylenames, that's the way it's
supposed to work.

To avoid this, the text you don't want to have changed needs to be formatted
with a different stylename in the source document.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Jason" wrote in message
news
I am trying to copy a formatted document at the end of an existing
formatted
document with different formatting, but the document I copy over just

wants
to convert over to the new document's formatting, so I end up having to

use
format painter for each and every little area that I want formatted, so is
there a way to just carry over and keep the formatting from the copied
document??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al

?B?SmFzb24=?= wrote in
news
I am trying to copy a formatted document at the end of an existing
formatted document with different formatting, but the document I copy
over just wants to convert over to the new document's formatting, so I
end up having to use format painter for each and every little area
that I want formatted, so is there a way to just carry over and keep
the formatting from the copied document??

Use Paste Special - Microsoft Word Document Object
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod

Hi Al,

Doing that means everything gets formatted to whatever paragraph style
you're pasting into. Plus you lose any italics, underlining, justification
attributes and a host of other potentially important details.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]