Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Old Blind Dog Old Blind Dog is offline

Default Change Paragraph numbering from 01 (installed) to 001 (custom)

Word 2007 has a library of numbering formats including one with a leading
zero, starting at 01. After reaching 99, it goes to 100, but that changes the
look from 2 digits to 3 digits. I would like to have a format with 2 leading
zeros so that there are always 3 digits in the number.

If you try to insert a zero before the 2 digit number format it is static
and not part of the number, you end up with 099 going to 0100 and that's not
what's desired.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To achieve that, instead of using the built-in numbering formats, you would
have to use a SEQ field for each number such as

{ SEQ paranum \# "000" }

You must use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters and the thing to do
would be to create and autotext entry containing that field, plus probably a
tab and an empty paragraph formatted with the required indents etc, so that
you could easily insert the numbered paragraphs as required.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.