jo15765 jo15765 is offline
Junior Member

Default Explain Mail Merge

I know nothing about how the mail merge works...but I use it on a day-to-day basis and was thinking there has to be a better way.

Currently, we have mail merge set up in a Word 2000 document that will run a query and pop up a box asking for the ID of the record to pull, the data for that specific record is then pulled into the mapped fields on the "template" that was opened. My question is other than modifying the query, or use DAO to pull in the requested fields (Bc it is different depending on which template I open) or hard coding into the query, is there a way to pass the ID?

For example, could you use an Excel textbox, and input the ID there, and then have that passed to the query for the mail merge?