Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DownTownBrown DownTownBrown is offline

Default How do I find the directory path of an open document?

Using Word 2007 I opened a recent document. Now this document is opened how
do I determine it's directory path where it is stored?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Mike is offline

Click on File - Properties - General tab
If the directory path is too long I usually highlight it, right click to
copy it.
Open up Notepad to look at it.

And if you can not see Properties as an option then click on the bottom of
the list where two little down arrows are displayed.

"DownTownBrown" wrote:

Using Word 2007 I opened a recent document. Now this document is opened how
do I determine it's directory path where it is stored?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

"DownTownBrown" wrote in message
news
Using Word 2007 I opened a recent document. Now this document is opened
how
do I determine it's directory path where it is stored?

Hover your mouse over the file name in the Recently used Documents list.
You'll see the path in the screen tip. You can also display the Save As
dialog box and "Save In" will reflect the location of the previously saved
document.
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

Guides for the Office 2007 Interface:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...295841033.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Add the line
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName
to an autoopen macro stored in normal.dotm to display it in the title bar

OR
Run the following macro to display it in a message box

Sub myPath()
MsgBox ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

OR
Run the following macro to enter it at the cursor
Sub TypePath()
Selection.TypeText ActiveDocument.FullName
End Sub

OR
Insert a Filename field with a \P switch.

DownTownBrown wrote:
Using Word 2007 I opened a recent document. Now this document is
opened how do I determine it's directory path where it is stored?

Sidharth Sidharth is offline
Junior Member

Location: Kolkata, India
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTownBrown View Post
Using Word 2007 I opened a recent document. Now this document is opened how
do I determine it's directory path where it is stored?
In an open document in Word 2007, click on the "Office button" -- Prepare -- Properties. The directory path is shown in the Location box appearing in the top right of the 'Document Properties' box.