frogmouth

Default How do I change the date display in the comments pane.

When the comments pane records a new comment it automatically records the
date and time on the right side of the pane. Currently the date is formatted
in the US style, i.e. month, day, year. I would like to see it in the
European style; day, month, year. This is for no other reason than
consistency and to avoid confusion to those who review my documents.
In 'Regional and Language Options' on the Control Panel, the date is set in
the European style. In Word, the Language is set to English(Australian).
I cannot find any other way to influence how the comments date is displayed.
Can anyone out there help? Thanks in advance.
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Use Insert=Date and Time and select the format
you prefer then click the [Default button].

When use next use Insert=Comment that date format should
generally be what you get in the Reviewing pane for comments
======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

frogmouth

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your speedy response to my question, unfortuately it didn't seem
to solve anything.
I selected Insert|Date and Time. The Date and Time diaglog box was already
set to the formatting that I wanted because the language was set to English
(Australian). I gave the 'Default' button a push, just to see if that would
make any difference. It came back with the question 'Do you want to change
the English Australian default date format to match 4-Aug-05?". I thought for
a moment we were on a winner. Alas, it didn't make any difference. The
comments date refuses to change from 8/4/2005.
Thanks anyway - maybe I'll just have to live with it!