tired teacher

Default cursor disappears

I am a school teacher and have recently begun to use Word (was formally a
Works user for 10 years). I am about ready to go back to my safe Works
ancient program due to my disappearing cursor. The cursor shows in my
document at the end of text, but will not show when I hit the enter button to
go to the next line. I have no idea where I am on the document until I begin
typing again- then the cursor reappears. I have tried the "Help" button and
cannot find anything on cursors. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
tired teacher
Graham Mayor

Chances are this is a screen display driver problem. Word is very demanding
of the display adapter.

Download and install the latest driver for your computer's display adapter.
If you are sure you are using the latest driver, then try reducing the
display's hardware acceleration.

tired teacher wrote:
I am a school teacher and have recently begun to use Word (was
formally a Works user for 10 years). I am about ready to go back to
my safe Works ancient program due to my disappearing cursor. The
cursor shows in my document at the end of text, but will not show
when I hit the enter button to go to the next line. I have no idea
where I am on the document until I begin typing again- then the
cursor reappears. I have tried the "Help" button and cannot find
anything on cursors. Can anyone help?
Thanks,
tired teacher

Susy

This can sometimes be a problem if you are using an animated cursor. Mouse
settings can be accessed via the control panel.

Hope this helps,

Susy