tturner33

Default How do I change the default date format in AutoText?

When I begin to type a date, AutoText takes over and completes the date.
When I press Enter, the date appears but in the format "18 October 2005". I
have searched far and wide but I cannot find where to change it to the
tradtional "October 18, 2005" format. Any ideas? Thanks
Charles Kenyon

First, you do not have to let AutoText take over. Press the space bar before
you press Enter.

The date settings are based upon your regional settings (under Control
Panels).

I simply start with a template that has a CreateDate field where I want the
date. I don't type it at all. See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm
for information on the different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"tturner33" wrote in message
When I begin to type a date, AutoText takes over and completes the date.
When I press Enter, the date appears but in the format "18 October 2005".
have searched far and wide but I cannot find where to change it to the
tradtional "October 18, 2005" format. Any ideas? Thanks

tturner33

Charles,

I've checked the date settings in Regional Settings and they are correct.
That is what is so baffling. Also, my user likes to use AutoText but I will
make a recommendation that she try your way of using templates. Thanks.

-Tom