Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

Default Error! Objects cannot be created from editing field codes.

Hi,

I am getting this error "Error! Objects cannot be created from editing field
codes." highlighted in grey text in my document at some places where i have
inserted figure or equations. I have a lot of equations and figure and this
error is appearing randomly. I have to input the equations and figures again
just wondering how to avoid it in future and what is the reason.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What kind of object was inserted at the location of the field, now
displaying an error message? If you reinsert the original object, do you
still see the error message?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I am getting this error "Error! Objects cannot be created from editing

field
codes." highlighted in grey text in my document at some places where i

have
inserted figure or equations. I have a lot of equations and figure and

this
error is appearing randomly. I have to input the equations and figures

again
just wondering how to avoid it in future and what is the reason.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bivragh Bivragh is offline

i have problem with figures and equations, i inserted pictures from either an
image or from other docuements. For equaion i used microsoft eq 3.
When i redo i dont have the problem but from time to time other equations or
figure have this problem and I have to reinsert them again. No certain
pattern atleast I havent noticed.

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I am getting this error "Error! Objects cannot be created from editing

field
codes." highlighted in grey text in my document at some places where i

have
inserted figure or equations. I have a lot of equations and figure and

this
error is appearing randomly. I have to input the equations and figures

again
just wondering how to avoid it in future and what is the reason.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If it happens with a specific document or with documents created from a
specific template, the reason
could be file corruption. You may want to try copying the document,
except for the final paragraph mark, into a new file. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bivragh" wrote in message
Hi,

I am getting this error "Error! Objects cannot be created from

editing
field
codes." highlighted in grey text in my document at some places

where i
have
inserted figure or equations. I have a lot of equations and figure

and
this
error is appearing randomly. I have to input the equations and

figures
again
just wondering how to avoid it in future and what is the reason.

Thanks

Timdata Timdata is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivragh View Post
Hi,

I am getting this error "Error! Objects cannot be created from editing field
codes." highlighted in grey text in my document at some places where i have
inserted figure or equations. I have a lot of equations and figure and this
error is appearing randomly. I have to input the equations and figures again
just wondering how to avoid it in future and what is the reason.

Thanks
Using MS-Word and inserting equations (copy & paste method) it may cause this problem when the document you're working with has macros enabled.

A way to prevent this "error message" when copying and pasting equations into Word, there is an extra few steps to do... to be sure the equations remain in the document.

- "Double-click" on each imported (copied) equation - as this will "activate" the equation editor in the new document, to recognize that the equation "belongs" in the current document (embeds the equation with the file).

- save your file, close the document.

- re-open the file, and now the copied equations should show properly in the new (macro enabled) document...

Just another peculiarity with Microsoft Word...

- if you are importing figures as "objects", use the same procedure to double-click on them, to "activate" the pasted object to become "embedded" with the current file you're working with.

Hope this helps?

Last edited by Timdata : November 8th 12 at 05:09 PM