Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RPMitchal RPMitchal is offline

Default I-Bar Code

Most recently I have been occaisonally seeing a "greyed out" I-Bar. It
appears as though it may be some sort of code.

Is anyone able to suggest what it may be, what it does and/or how to delete
it?

Thanks in advance - RPM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 18:39:00 -0700, RPMitchal
wrote:

Most recently I have been occaisonally seeing a "greyed out" I-Bar. It
appears as though it may be some sort of code.

Is anyone able to suggest what it may be, what it does and/or how to delete
it?

Thanks in advance - RPM

Most likely it's a bookmark with no content. Normally bookmarks are
hidden, but the Bookmarks option on the Tools Options View dialog
makes them visible.

If a bookmark encloses text, it appears as a pair of grey square
brackets [like this] . If there's no text, the brackets collapse so
their vertical edges overlap, which looks like an I.

Besides the bookmarks that you can add with the Insert Bookmark
dialog, Word also creates some when you insert a Table of Contents or
a cross-reference. You might be seeing these if the display option is
turned on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Besides the bookmarks that you can add with the Insert Bookmark
dialog, Word also creates some when you insert a Table of Contents or
a cross-reference. You might be seeing these if the display option is
turned on.

I don't think so; these are Hidden bookmarks (and consequently aren't
displayed).