Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davy[_2_] Bill Davy[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003 SP2: Missing records in mail-merge from Excel to directory

I keep my address book in Excel. The column headers are my own (see below).
There are extra columns like Sort Key (so I can sort the address book). To
print out a copy, I make a new document as a directory, with multiple
columns and each entry in a text frame. I select all entries. But some
entries do not appear in the output. Any idea why?
Rgds,
Bill

Headings:
Sort Key

Name

Children

Address1

Address2

City

State

PostalCode

Country

HomePhone

WorkPhone

MobilePhone

FaxPhone

Email

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

How do you have the mail merge main document set up? Specifically, do you
have any Next Record fields in it?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bill Davy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davy[_2_] Bill Davy[_2_] is offline

Hi,
Yes, there is a Next Record field at the end of the text frame.
Rgds,
Bill

"Bill Davy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davy[_2_] Bill Davy[_2_] is offline

I will try that this evening. I did not notice if alternate records were
omitted, which might make sense.
Rgds,
Bill

"Bill Davy" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bill Davy[_2_] Bill Davy[_2_] is offline

That is the right asnwer.
Did MS change the way things work? Not that it matters, as long as I know.
Rgds,
Bill