Agron

Default Problem with encoding (at least I think)

I had to format my HD but before doing this I backed up the MS Outlook and
then when I reinstalled Win Xp and Office 2003, I got the baxcked up files.
The thing thgatis happening now when I am launching either Outook or Word is
that I get a pop up screen telling me: Fiule conversion-~$ZWDAddin then
Select the encoding that makes your document readabla and then, I am given
the radio buttons (Windows (Default), MS-DOS or Other econding).
Whatever optiuon I select, I get this message: The addin template is not
valid (C:\...STARTUP\~$ZWDAddin.dot). When I close the screen this message
goes away and I am able to work at my docuyment. I know it is very hard to
explain this without using photo's but someone might have come accross the
error and knows how to deal with it. I tried detect and repair but it wasnt
at all helpful.
Any help appreciated.

Klaus Linke

Hi Agron,

~$ZWDAddin is a temporary file, and the problem should solve itself if =
you close down Word, delete that temp file, and restart Word.

Regards,
Klaus

"Agron" schrieb im Newsbeitrag =
I had to format my HD but before doing this I backed up the MS Outlook =

and then when I reinstalled Win Xp and Office 2003, I got the baxcked=20
up files. The thing thgatis happening now when I am launching either=20
Outook or Word is that I get a pop up screen telling me: Fiule=20
conversion-~$ZWDAddin then Select the encoding that makes your=20
document readabla and then, I am given the radio buttons (Windows=20
(Default), MS-DOS or Other econding).
Whatever optiuon I select, I get this message: The addin template is =

not
valid (C:\...STARTUP\~$ZWDAddin.dot). When I close the screen this=20
message goes away and I am able to work at my docuyment.=20
I know it is very hard to explain this without using photo's but =

someone=20
might have come accross the error and knows how to deal with it.=20
I tried detect and repair but it wasnt at all helpful.
Any help appreciated.=20
=20

I am what I am

"Klaus Linke" wrote
Hi Agron,

~$ZWDAddin is a temporary file, and the problem should solve itself if you
close down Word, delete that temp file, and restart Word.

Regards,
Klaus

I did a search to try and locate this tempfile but I came up with nothing
that would help me. Does anyone know where this temp file (opr even template
possibly) is located.
TIA

Klaus Linke

I did a search to try and locate this tempfile but I came up with =
nothing=20
that would help me. Does anyone know where this temp file (opr even=20
template possibly) is located.
TIA

As the error message from your original post said, it's in the startup =
folder.
And the startup folder is likely in "C:/Program files/Microsoft =
Office/Office 11" or something like that.=20

You'd need to include hidden files in your search ("Advanced options") =
to find the temp file directly.

Greetings,
Klaus

I am what I am

"Klaus Linke" wrote
As the error message from your original post said, it's in the startup
folder.
And the startup folder is likely in "C:/Program files/Microsoft
Office/Office 11" or something like that.

You'd need to include hidden files in your search ("Advanced options") to
find the temp file directly.

Greetings,
Klaus

Thanks a million Klaus.
I though I had the hidden folders search active but it wasnt. I (well it)
found this file and I deleted is immediately. Now everything's OK.

Regards