Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ernie D Ernie D is offline

Default WORD: ATTACHING ANOTHER FILE TO OPEN DOCUMENT

Apparently, somehow I have inadvertently hit an option I am not aware of.
When I have an open word document and I need to attach another
document...instead of an icon to the attached document (need to click to open
and read)...when I attach another document. The other document is opening
and the entire contents is being attached to my open document! What can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What are the exact steps you are doing to "attach" the document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ernie D" wrote:

Apparently, somehow I have inadvertently hit an option I am not aware of.
When I have an open word document and I need to attach another
document...instead of an icon to the attached document (need to click to open
and read)...when I attach another document. The other document is opening
and the entire contents is being attached to my open document! What can I do?

Attaching Open Documents to Messages in Windows Email Resume Lady Microsoft Word Help 2 October 26th 07 07:16 AM
When emailing from Word, how do I prevent attaching the file? Go-Texan Microsoft Word Help 7 September 23rd 07 02:26 AM
attaching file Gage Mailmerge 1 June 28th 07 03:31 AM
Attaching a Word File Larry Microsoft Word Help 3 March 31st 07 03:10 PM
attaching pdf file with main word document in mail merge Yadav Microsoft Word Help 2 August 13th 05 09:55 AM