Mac

Default Can you get a document to read itself out loud?

One of my friends said that it is possible to get the compey to read your
document out loud...is that really true?
garfield-n-odie

Yes, if you have the appropriate hardware and software.

Mac wrote:

One of my friends said that it is possible to get the compey to read your
document out loud...is that really true?

Michael_Corral

Adobe can do it and I believe in Word you have to go to Tools then Speech.
Then follow the prompts. I believe you can also talk instead of type with
this utility.

--
Top Notch Admin

"Mac" wrote:

One of my friends said that it is possible to get the compey to read your
document out loud...is that really true?

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Mac,

You can use the Windows Narrator feature,
Start=Programs=Accessories=Accessibility
but that can end up reading everything on your screen.

As mentioned you can modify the behavior of the MS Excel
Text-to-Speech feature to read text back in Word
http://gmayor.com/word_text_to_speech.htm

There are also some 3rd party software implementations
that can be more 'lifelike' (with expression) in their
readback.
http://naturalvoices.att.com/demos/
http://actor.loquendo.com/actordemo/...sp?language=en
(an interesting one g)

and others
http://microsoft.com/speech/evaluati...ty/engines.asp

======
"Mac" wrote in message ...
One of my friends said that it is possible to get the compey to read your
document out loud...is that really true?
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
How do I optimize a document to be read in Reading Layout view? MDeaton Page Layout 1 March 19th 05 07:58 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM
HOW CAN i REMOVE "READ ONLY" PROTECTION ON A DOCUMENT [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 03:33 PM
Can Word Read documents out loud ? miketheworried Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 10:29 PM