sjbis

Default how put the Spanish accent mark, tilda, over the letter "n"?

how to use the tilda key on the keyboard
Carol

Insert | symbol

You will find an "n" there with a tilde over it. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

how to use the tilda key on the keyboard

Stefan Blom

For more methods, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Overbar.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"sjbis" wrote:

how to use the tilda key on the keyboard

bertina

"sjbis" wrote:

how to use the tilda key on the keyboard

(sorry about the previous incomplete answer--hit the keyboard wrong.)
Easiest way, at least on most Word programs: hit "Alt" + 160 for accented
a, +130 for e, +161 for i, 162 for o, 163 for u, 164 for n, 165 for N,
168 for upside down ?, 173 for upside down !, and 129 for u with diarisis
(as in guero, where you want the u pronounced as a hard w) Enjoy!
NOW--I think the reason I can't use this great system on MY new computer is
the same reason I can't print the NUMBERS from the NUMBER KEYPAD!! Anyone
out there who can help me with this? I posted this question yesterday--I
need to undo some kind of formula which only allows my keypad to use the
secondary usages, even when I have on "Num Lock."

bertina

"sjbis" wrote:

how to use the tilda key on the keyboard

In almost ALL Word programs, except the new one they installed at my
wrokplace now, the easiest way to put tildes, accentos, etc., is

Daiya Mitchell

Actually, I think there are easier ways, e.g., control-shift-tilde, then n
for the ń, or control-apostrophe, then e for é. Such shortcuts are a few
screens down at this link, which also gives other methods.

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/InsertSpecChars.htm

Bertina, I'm sure you are right that the problem with using that system is
the same as the number keypad problem, which is probably not something that
Word did, but a setting in Windows.

On 9/27/05 10:58 AM, "bertina" wrote:

"sjbis" wrote:

how to use the tilda key on the keyboard

(sorry about the previous incomplete answer--hit the keyboard wrong.)
Easiest way, at least on most Word programs: hit "Alt" + 160 for accented
a, +130 for e, +161 for i, 162 for o, 163 for u, 164 for n, 165 for N,
168 for upside down ?, 173 for upside down !, and 129 for u with diarisis
(as in guero, where you want the u pronounced as a hard w) Enjoy!
NOW--I think the reason I can't use this great system on MY new computer is
the same reason I can't print the NUMBERS from the NUMBER KEYPAD!! Anyone
out there who can help me with this? I posted this question yesterday--I
need to undo some kind of formula which only allows my keypad to use the
secondary usages, even when I have on "Num Lock."

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/