Cissy

Default Numbering Styles

Hi,

I'm using Word XP. I have my Heading Styles formatted with outline
numbering (per the instructions on the MVP web site, they work great). I
also have another set of styles formatted with outline numbering in my
document, that seem to adopt that .25" tab from time to time.

However, when I place my cursor in a paragraph formatted with this secondary
numbering style, then go into Format, Bullets and Numbering, click Customize
and then click OK (not making any changes), it reverts back to the regular,
correct tab and indent stop at .5". Does anyone know what causes this, and
how can I get a secondary numbering scheme to work in my document that is not
connected to the Heading Styles?? Thanks for your help.