Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rob p

Default 2000

Word 2000 and Excel 2000.

My tax system allows me to save a list of names to excel format. I have one
column called names with the names taking a row each. I can save that as a
txt / cvs. I am having a problem getting anything to work.

I created a main document with

Dear name

mail merge field added called name. I cannot get to merge.

I get "field calculation error in record 1"..and so on for each record.
Seems I am setting up data source wrong?????

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Rob,

What if you try linking directly to the Excel sheet, rather than exporting to
a text file?

Word 2000 and Excel 2000.

My tax system allows me to save a list of names to excel format. I have one
column called names with the names taking a row each. I can save that as a
txt / cvs. I am having a problem getting anything to work.

I created a main document with

Dear name

mail merge field added called name. I cannot get to merge.

I get "field calculation error in record 1"..and so on for each record.
Seems I am setting up data source wrong?????

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org