Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
staples staples is offline

Default how do I condense a two page letter to one page

what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page and
you want make it fit onto one page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Willett[_2_] Tom Willett[_2_] is offline

Decrease the margins?
Make the fonts smaller?
Edit out some of the content?
Wave a magic wand?
"staples" wrote in message
: what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page
and
: you want make it fit onto one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave E[_2_] Dave E[_2_] is offline

To fit more text on the page:

* Make your margins smaller so the text area is larger
* Use a smaller font
* Turn on auto-hyphenation
* Look for lines with just one or two words and try to reword those
sentences to avoid wrapping to the next line
* Edit your letter and look for any unnecessary words.

The biggest space-wasters on your page are the lines with just one or two
words. Rewording those sentences or making your margins just a little
smaller will cut out those wasted line-wraps.

Think of it as a puzzle that you solve by simplifying your language
throughout your page. You "win" when it all fits.

"staples" wrote:

what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page and
you want make it fit onto one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...886751033.aspx

Note that sometimes the outcome is better if you do it by hand by only
changing some small things like the width between paragraphs.

Yves

"staples" wrote in message
what is the procedure to use when a letter spills over onto a second page
and
you want make it fit onto one page?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/FitCopy.htm