Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kgkphd kgkphd is offline

Default New issue for me - temp files

I have never had this happen before and so I am at a loss. When I click the
"open file" icon in Office - Word, and then on the folder I want to open the
list of files comes up, but also every temporary file from my working on that
folder. How this happened, I don't know. It has just started.

a) How do I hide these listings?
b) Is it possible to have these files automatically deleted, since they must
be talking up cumulative disk space?

Thanks

Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Hi Ken,

The temp files associated with each document _should_ be deleted when you
close that document. The fact that they're staying in place might be caused
by an odd set of permissions on the folder, or just the orneriness of
software.

You really can't hide them without hiding everything else in the folder.
Read http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm for steps to
remove them.

--
Regards,