Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default when copying highlight color has changed to black. change to defau

This is a Windows setting which you can change in Control Panel. I don't
know the exact location for the newer Windows versions, but in Windows XP,
double-click Display (in Control Panel). On the Appearance tab, click
Advanced. In the list box, choose "Selected Items" and specify the desired
color. When you are done, click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wlmehciz" wrote in message
My highlight color has changed to black when I highlight to copy. I would
like to change the color back to light blue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

An easy way to get to Control Panel | Display (any version of Windows, I
think), is to right-click on the desktop and choose Properties.

http://word.mvps.org

"wlmehciz" wrote in message
My highlight color has changed to black when I highlight to copy. I would
like to change the color back to light blue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Good point. I actually right-click the desktop myself, but since I wasn't
sure about recent Windows versions I thought suggesting Control Panel would
be safer.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wlmehciz" wrote in message
My highlight color has changed to black when I highlight to copy. I
would
like to change the color back to light blue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I admire and second your caution, although the path to Control Panel in
recent versions of Windows may be even more iffy than right-clicking the
desktop! I have Windows 7 on my new laptop but haven't used it enough to be
completely sure of anything, and I have used Vista only a tiny bit, so I'm
really out of my depth there.

"wlmehciz" wrote in message
My highlight color has changed to black when I highlight to copy. I
would
like to change the color back to light blue.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But depending on the chosen "layout" of the Start menu, the Control Panel
item will be in different locations. I'm not saying that it's a huge
problem, but Run provides a different route, for those of us who like to use
the keyboard.