Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Merlin12 Merlin12 is offline

Default Creating columns - Word 2007

I'm mostly proficient in WordPerfect, but trying to come up to speed in Word
2007 (some limited past experience with Word 2002-2003). I'm trying to
create a document with 4 columns that will allow me to enter information in
the first column, move to the second, third and fourth in order then back to
column 1. In WordPerfect this is known as "parallel" columns as opposed to
"newspaper" type columns.

I can't seem to get this to work in Word and finally had to resort to using
a 4-column table which operates much the same way but doesn't allow for
spacing between cells that columns would. Also it requires formating if the
borders are to be removed.

Does Word have this feature in columns? While I don't use it often it is
definitely occasional use and would be nice to have.

Thanks for any wisdom on this subject.