Bob

Default In Word 2003, how to print comments (not as balloons)

In the "Help" section of Word 2003 it says to go to "print view" and to print
the "document showing markup". However, tracked changes print, but no
comments.

When I go to the "show" button and "balloons" and check off "only for
comments/formatting" then comments will show on-screen as balloons and they
will also print as balloons.

I would like to print them at the end of the document with comment numbers,
is there a way?
Beth Melton

Use File/Print and under "Print what" select "List of markup"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Bob" wrote in message
In the "Help" section of Word 2003 it says to go to "print view" and
to print
the "document showing markup". However, tracked changes print, but
no
comments.

When I go to the "show" button and "balloons" and check off "only
for
comments/formatting" then comments will show on-screen as balloons
and they
will also print as balloons.

I would like to print them at the end of the document with comment
numbers,
is there a way?

Bob

Beth, Thanks for your reply. This may print the comments but unfortunately it
also prints all changes to the document including formatting changes. When I
started printing it I stopped after 14 pages and every word inserted,
deleted, etc. is listed. May be helpful for other things but I was looking to
either just print the comments or print the document (with tracked changes)
including the comments at the end of the document (as was possible in
previous Word version).

Thanks again, Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
In the "Help" section of Word 2003 it says to go to "print view" and
to print
the "document showing markup". However, tracked changes print, but
no
comments.

When I go to the "show" button and "balloons" and check off "only
for
comments/formatting" then comments will show on-screen as balloons
and they
will also print as balloons.

I would like to print them at the end of the document with comment
numbers,
is there a way?

Beth Melton

Try turning off the display of Insertions and Deletions under the Show
drop down. Note this is different from the Balloon options you tried
previously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Bob" wrote in message
In the "Help" section of Word 2003 it says to go to "print view"
and
to print
the "document showing markup". However, tracked changes print,
but
no
comments.

When I go to the "show" button and "balloons" and check off "only
for
comments/formatting" then comments will show on-screen as
balloons
and they
will also print as balloons.

I would like to print them at the end of the document with
comment
numbers,
is there a way?

Doug Robbins

If you want to print the comments in-line with the text, run the following
macro which will insert the text of the comment inside square brackets and
format it as italic to help make it stand out.

Dim acomment As Comment, comrange As Range
For Each acomment In ActiveDocument.Comments
Set comrange = acomment.Reference
comrange.InsertBefore " [" & acomment.Range & "] "
comrange.Font.Italic = True
Next acomment

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Bob" wrote in message
In the "Help" section of Word 2003 it says to go to "print view" and to
print
the "document showing markup". However, tracked changes print, but no
comments.

When I go to the "show" button and "balloons" and check off "only for
comments/formatting" then comments will show on-screen as balloons and
they
will also print as balloons.

I would like to print them at the end of the document with comment
numbers,
is there a way?

Sagara

Hi, I was having the same problem. Now I've managed to print out my comments
at the end of the doc instead of balloons at the side, but now there are no
reference marks in the text that link up to the comments. I usually see a
red 'matchstick' at the insertion point on the screen, but this was missing
from the print out.

Thanks,

Robert