Graham Mayor

Default limit on size for autocorrect file?

Autocorrect is limited only by memory and hard disc space. Autocorrect text
entries are limited to 255 characters, but formatted entries can be much
larger and include tables, graphics etc. If you want to create more
intelligent lists in various categories then you should investigate
GhostTyper - http://www.sc-data.de/ghosttyper/en/index.php3 which takes the
concept a whole lot further and works with all applications, not just Word.
I use it to place frequently used texts in these newgroup messages.

Lauraesk wrote:
I recently read in an article pertaining to medical transcription
that the autocorrect file can only be so large (how large??) and then
it starts automatically deleting entries. Is there a size limit on
autocorrect, and if so, is it true it will start deleting if limit is
met?

Charles Kenyon

Are formatted entries limited by a size limit for the normal.dot template?
Should only be a problem with graphics.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Lauraesk wrote:
I recently read in an article pertaining to medical transcription
that the autocorrect file can only be so large (how large??) and then
it starts automatically deleting entries. Is there a size limit on
autocorrect, and if so, is it true it will start deleting if limit is
met?

Graham Mayor

The biggest document I had to hand was 111 pages. I saved this as an
autocorrect entry without any difficulty in Word. This I would suggest is
exceptionally large for such a function? In addition to that document, I
then created and added a document containing 184 pages of jpeg images to
autocorrect, and while that imposed some stress on the limited memory
available in my laptop, it worked just fine, so in real world situations, I
can't see there being much of a problem.

Lauraesk wrote:
I recently read in an article pertaining to medical transcription
that the autocorrect file can only be so large (how large??) and
then it starts automatically deleting entries. Is there a size
limit on autocorrect, and if so, is it true it will start deleting
if limit is met?

peej

I am also doing medical transcription and notice that I'm losing autocorrect
entries. It seems as though I lose the older ones when I enter a new one. A
real pain! I wonder if one has to allocate more memory to this feature
somehow. I have no idea how that would be done, though, but would sure like
to find out the answer to this if anyone knows.
--
peej

Lauraesk wrote:
I recently read in an article pertaining to medical transcription
that the autocorrect file can only be so large (how large??) and
then it starts automatically deleting entries. Is there a size
limit on autocorrect, and if so, is it true it will start deleting
if limit is met?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ssibo

I am in medical transcription and while in school was told that Word DID have
a limit to number of entries autocorrect would hold. Does anyone knwo if this
is true?

Lauraesk wrote:
I recently read in an article pertaining to medical transcription
that the autocorrect file can only be so large (how large??) and
then it starts automatically deleting entries. Is there a size
limit on autocorrect, and if so, is it true it will start deleting
if limit is met?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

No. There's no limit to the number. Only the general limit that the template
file size can't exceed 32MB. (Although you'll probably hit other memory and
performance problems long before you get to that.)

Lauraesk wrote:
I recently read in an article pertaining to medical transcription
that the autocorrect file can only be so large (how large??) and
then it starts automatically deleting entries. Is there a size
limit on autocorrect, and if so, is it true it will start deleting
if limit is met?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

See Autocorrect Feature Limitations: