Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Agatha[_2_] Agatha[_2_] is offline

Default same page numbers on Table of Contents

When the attached MS Word file was opened from the Outlook directly before
saving the file first, most of cases, its all TOC numbers were changed to
same number 1. I know how to update the page numbers but the recipients who
don't know how to update TOC or just open the file before saving, always gave
me complaints and misunderstood me I made a mistake. I'd like to know how I
can solve this trouble before sending the file to my customers.
I tried to do all ways (delete hyperlinks, use alt+F9 and delete /h, etc.) I
could find on-line, but it didn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Opening in Reading Layout view will cause this problem. There isn't really
anything you can do to prevent this; you can only make suggestions. Here are
your options:

1. Suggest that recipients disable Reading Layout view (Tools | Options |
General). Some of them may thank you for this information.

2. Suggest that recipients save the document to the HD before opening it. It
will then open in the view in which you saved it.

3. Suggest that recipients, upon opening the document, switch to Print
Layout view and update the TOC (F9) to correct it.