Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pablo Suarez Pablo Suarez is offline

Default How to PERMANENTLY (for every doc) set Auto-Capitalization to OFF in Word2003?

Ok, I can always set the Auto-capitalization of the first letter of each paragraph to off
for every individual document. However when I open another existing (or create a new doc)
the the Auto-capitalization is set again to the initial value "ON".

Is there a way to turn off "Auto-capitalization" for ALL Word2003 docs in the future?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Prashant Runwal Prashant Runwal is offline

Default How to PERMANENTLY (for every doc) set Auto-Capitalization to OFF

Dear Pablo

You can set this through Tools - Autocorrect options. select the desired
options and click ok. Now close and start word again or open existing file
and check in the same option whether your change is effected or not.

"Pablo Suarez" wrote:

Ok, I can always set the Auto-capitalization of the first letter of each paragraph to off
for every individual document. However when I open another existing (or create a new doc)
the the Auto-capitalization is set again to the initial value "ON".

Is there a way to turn off "Auto-capitalization" for ALL Word2003 docs in the future?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM StevenM is offline

(1) Find your €śNormal.dot€ť file

To do this, goto Tools - Options, click on the tab which reads €śFile
Locations€ť
Then Right click on €śStart€ť - €śExplore€ť and find €śNormal.dot€ť

(2) Open your €śNormal.dot€ť file

Right click on the €śNormal€ť file and open it (but not with €śNew€ť).
Make your changes and close the template.

Also see: http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Customizat...alTemplate.htm
http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/p...cle.asp?ID=151

"Pablo Suarez" wrote:

Ok, I can always set the Auto-capitalization of the first letter of each paragraph to off
for every individual document. However when I open another existing (or create a new doc)
the the Auto-capitalization is set again to the initial value "ON".

Is there a way to turn off "Auto-capitalization" for ALL Word2003 docs in the future?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Given that this setting is not stored in Normal.dot, this is a complete
waste of time and is unlikely to be helpful. Ordinarily this setting should
be stored when quitting Word. If it is not saved, then there is either a
problem with the Word Data key in the Registry or an add-in changing the
setting.

"StevenM" wrote in message
(1) Find your "Normal.dot" file

To do this, goto Tools - Options, click on the tab which reads "File
Locations"
Then Right click on "Start" - "Explore" and find "Normal.dot"

(2) Open your "Normal.dot" file

Right click on the "Normal" file and open it (but not with "New").

"Pablo Suarez" wrote:

Ok, I can always set the Auto-capitalization of the first letter of each
paragraph to off
for every individual document. However when I open another existing (or
create a new doc)
the the Auto-capitalization is set again to the initial value "ON".

Is there a way to turn off "Auto-capitalization" for ALL Word2003 docs in
the future?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
StevenM StevenM is offline

Default How to PERMANENTLY (for every doc) set Auto-Capitalization to

To: Suzanne S. Barnhill

Thank you for correcting me.

Steven Craig Miller